Hi folks! It's been over a year since an article was published on this site. Yes, I fell off the content treadmill. Then the treadmill exploded! Thankfully that's just a metaphor, but it sums up the amount of content I produced last year. Anyway, we're back! Did you have a good year? Hope so!
My year was good. Although I shared little on the interwebs, it was filled with all sorts of fun stuff. Programming and design stuff, but tons of living life kind of stuff, too.
Things Happened in 2021:
- Bought a new
vehicleoff road machine. A 21 year old Toyota Land Cruiser named Hilda
- Worked on the new rig a bunch, learned a lot about wrenchin' (see above)
- Spoke at a super cool online conference - Alpine Day 2021
- Sold a gigantic truck camper in favor of a much smaller rooftop tent
- Did a bit of camping, biking and fishing
- 3D printed all sorts of things
- Made some crappy furniture
- Did some yard work
- Went to a horse show to watch my wife compete (she won!)
- Started playing drums regularly again (wow, I missed this)
- Golfed three separate times, scored my first birdie ever
- Procrastinated actually editing any of my stockpile of FPV drone footage
- Joined a regional Toyota Land Cruiser Club
- Threw my wife a Harry Potter themed birthday party with tons of DIY decorations
- Canceled a few forgotten side project domains... and bought a couple more 🤫
Whew! Felt like I didn't do much, but it seems more significant when you write it out!
Here's a few pictures from the year.
🗻 The new rig on well-maintained Montana highway
👷 Another nicely maintained highway
🐕 Dogs Love Tents! Say Hi, Ziggy!
🎣 A Healthy Young Westslope Cutthroat Trout (released safely)
🏕 Camping in the Desert, March 2021
🔨 Rebuilding the Land Cruiser Transfer Case
🏎 Testing out the Transfer Case on a Land Cruiser Club Trail Run
Hope you had a great year, cheers to a wonderful 2022!